( finely chopped)
1 1/4 cups
long grain rice
( coarsley crushed)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in three tablespoons of butter until tender.
- Stir in flour until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add milk; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for two miutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add chicken, rice, celery, peas, pimientos, lemon juice, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon into an ungreased 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with pam.
- Melt remaining butter; toss with cornflakes. Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.