1 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
( no subs!)
1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon
- Set oven to 400 degrees.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease 12 regular size muffin tins or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a bowl sift together flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together melted butter with sour cream, egg and vanilla or almond extract.
- Stir in the butter mixture (along with any ingredients you might be adding) into the flour mixture; stir with a wooden spoon JUST until combined.
- Divide the batter between each muffin tin.
- If you want you can sprinkle with a topping.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until muffins test done.