( use ONLY Kosher salt!)
1 -2 teaspoon
dried red pepper flakes
fresh rosemary, chopped
garlic cloves, minced
( or smashed)
chopped fresh ginger
thick-cut pork chops
( center cut, about 1-1/2 inch thick)
- Mix all the brine ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn off heat and stir the brine well with a spoon to insure the sugar, salt and maple syrup has dissolved.
- Let the brine cool, then place brine in a large glass dish or bowl.
- Add in pork chops (making certain that all the chops are covered completely with brine).
- Cover and refrigerate for NO MORE than 10 hours.
- Remove the pork from the brine and pat dry without rinsing.
- Season the pork with pepper ONLY (do not season with salt they are salty enough from the brine!).
- Grill as desired.