- Cut bacon into small pieces. In large stock pot over medium heat cook bacon until crisp. Drain off fat.
- Chop onions, slice leeks lengthwise clean and chop. Add onions,leeks, thyme, bay leaves and garlic to pot with bacon. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets, grate carrots and slice mushrooms. Add florets, carrots and mushrooms to pot and saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and cook until vegetables are done.
- Add blue cheese and cook until blue cheese melts.
- Pour in half and half turn heat to low and cook approx 10-15 minutes until heated throughly.
- I have been known to add any kind of fish that will hold together. Delicious on a cold rainy night. This makes a big batch, but when i fix it we have it for dinner then lunch the next day.