1 (18 ounce) packages
chocolate cake mix
( 2 layer)
1 (42 g) packages
instant chocolate pudding mix
( enough for 4 portions)
semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Grease 2 9" round cake pans.
- Beat cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, and water in large bowl with electric mixer on low until just moist.
- Beat on medium speed 2 minutes until well blended.
- Stir in chopped chocolate and 2 Tablespoons of the crushed candy canes.
- Spoon batter into pans.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then cool completely on wire rack.
- Place one layer of the cake on a plate and spread evenly with 1 cup of cool whip.
- Top with remaining cake layer and frost with the rest of the cool whip.
- Garnish with crushed candy cane.