( to taste)
of freshly grated nutmeg
1 (8 ounce) packages
pie crusts, dough
vanilla ice cream, a good quality
mint, for each serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Make The Crust: Roll out the pie crust dough and cut two circles of the dough smaller than the size of the teacup so that it will fit just inside the cup.
- Poke holes or make cuts in the dough. Lightly spray a cookie sheet, place the dough on the sheet, sprinkle lightly with sugar and bake approximately 4 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a rack. The baked pie crusts can be covered at room temperature until time of serving.
- Make The Filling: Mix the cornstarch and brandy together; set aside.
- Combine the berries and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Add the cornstarch-brandy mixture and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add the cinnamon and nutmeg. The filling can be cooled, covered and refrigerated until time to serve.
- Plating Up: When ready to serve, heat the filling, spoon into each teacup, add the baked pie crust. Using a melon baller, add a single scoop of ice cream, garnish with mint and serve.