2 cups milk or 2 cups
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar.
- Blend in shortening with a fork until mixture is fine.
- Add milk and stir until just mixed. Add raisins and mix.
- Add cinnamon and mix until swirled through batter. Do not mix batter any more than you have to.
- Scrape batter onto well floured surface. Flour top and pat down with hands until 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut with 2-inch cutter and place on greased baking pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Frost with powdered sugar glaze icing.