2 1/2 teaspoons
1 1/2 cups
grated orange cheddar cheese
2 -3 green onions, thinly sliced or 1/4 cup
snipped fresh chives
2 1/4 cups buttermilk or 2 1/4 cups
- Sift dry ingredients together; using a pastry cutter, 2 knives or a food processor, cut in butter until only small bits are visible.
- Add cheddar & green onions, tossing until evenly distributed; pour in a cup of buttermilk or sour cream & stir until dough forms.
- Increase liquid if necessary - I used 11/2 cups of full fat sour cream.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, pat until ½ inch thick & cut with a biscuit or cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place about 1 inch apart on a parchment lined baking sheet (or use cooking spray) and bake above the centre of a preheated 450F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.