1 teaspoon vegetable oil or 1 teaspoon
white basmati rice
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil or butter over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
- Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil.(Some people have had success with 1 cup of water, but when I've made it with 2 it worked for me).
- At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork.