4 (6 ounce) cans
tuna in water
of chopped olive
1 (1 ounce) packet
knox unflavored gelatin
- Drain all 4 cans of tuna and put in large mixing bowl.
- Hard boil 2 eggs.
- Fine chop onions and olives and hard boiled eggs and put in mixing bowl with tuna.
- Add 2 cups of mayonnaise and mix well.
- Bring about 1 cup of water to a boil. Measure out 1/4 cup with measuring cup. Mix with 1 packet Knox Gelatin in separate mixing bowl until gelatin is dissolve. Add to bowl with other ingredients and mix threw and threw for 1 minute.
- Chill in refrigerator in a mold or any storage container.
- Unmold and serve with crackers.
- ***Grandma suggests chilling overnight. I have tried the dip right away after preparing, still good but Grandma's suggestion is really what works best. I also had suggestions to leave a little olive out and add a little relish or even some minced garlic. There are many ways you could alter this recipe to fit your liking. You could add a little spices to this if you prefer a spicy dip also. If you do try to alter in anyway and find it pleasant please let me know, I would love to try! ENJOY!