garlic cloves, minced
1 (15 ounce) cans
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
fresh spinach, torn and packed
1 (16 ounce) cans
navy beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups
small penne pasta, cooked
hot pepper sauce
parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender.
- Stir in the water, tomato puree, broth, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat;cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, beans, cooked pasta and hot pepper sauce.
- Heat through.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.