VANILLA WAFER CRUST
( or 2 3/4 cups wafer crumbs)
blocks cream cheese, chopped & softened
full fat sour cream
finely grated lemon zest
( or frozen & thawed)
- CRUST: Process wafers in food processor or blender until fine crumbs; combine with remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Press evenly in the bottom of a greased 9 inch spring form pan; chill for an hour.
- FILLING: Beat sugar & eggs in a large bowl until thick & pale; add next 4 ingredients, beat until well combined & pour over crust, spreading evenly.
- Bake in preheated 325F oven for 1 to 1/1/4 hours until centre is almost set.
- Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan to allow the cheesecake to settle evenly; let stand in the pan on a wire rack until completely cooled.
- TOPPING: Combine berries & sugar in a heavy saucepan; heat & stir on medium for 5 to 7 minutes to dissolve sugar.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes to release juice from the berries.
- Combine the water & corn starch in a small cup until smooth; add to blueberry mixture, stir until thickened and allow to cool.
- ASSEMBLY: Pour topping over cheesecake in pan & smooth the top; Cover & chill for at least 6 hours & preferably overnight.