racks of baby-back pork ribs
salt and pepper
( can use seasoning salt)
of prepared barbecue sauce
( recipe below)
minced fresh garlic
dark brown sugar
fresh lemon juice
1 -2 teaspoon
( to taste)
- Prepare this sauce a day ahead and chill overnight.
- In a saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a slow boil, stirring occasionally to prevent from scorching (about 30-35 minutes).
- You can strain the sauce if desired to remove the onion and garlic, that is optional.
- Cool to about room temperature; cover and chill overnight or up to 2 days.
- Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper, then let the ribs sit out for 30 minutes at room temperature before baking.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet/s.
- Place the ribs (meat side up) on baking sheet.
- Bake the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ribs and brush on about 1/4 cup prepared sauce over each rack of ribs; return to oven and continue to bake for 20 minutes longer.
- After 20 minutes, remove and brush another 1/4 cup over each rack, place back in the oven for another 20 minuters.
- Repeat again using 1/4 cup sauce this time for about 25-30 minutes (100 minutes baking time in total).
- Cut the ribs into thirds and arrange on a serving platter; rub a bit more sauce over the top of the ribs and serve!