carrots, thinly sliced
white onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups
salt and pepper
chicken bouillon granule, optional for additional flavoring
- Place turkey carcass in a large soup pan and completely cover with water.
- Simmer 6 hours or more until the meat completely falls off of the bones, replenishing water as it evaporates.
- Add celery and cook 2 hours more.
- allow soup to cool.
- Strain soup and remove bones and grissle.
- Add xtra turkey if desired into pot. Add enough water to fill pot up to where it was when the bones were still in it.
- Reheat soup and add carrot and spices and simmer for an hour. Add bouillon to taste if you feel the broth needs it.
- Add barley and cook for about an hour or so.
- Serve hot with parmesan cheese if desired.
- You can freeze leftovers and reheat.
- Great for OAMC.