fresh mushrooms, sliced thick
plain rice milk
( or soy milk)
2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons
fresh dill, chopped
( or use dried)
- Put flour and pepper in a plastic bag. Toss in the skirt steak, shake, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil until soft but not mushy. Season with salt to taste.
- Remove onion/mushroom mix and set aside.
- In batches, brown skirt steak (after shaking off excess flour) until brown on all sides.
- Return meat and onion/mushroom mix to the skillet.
- Add the rice milk and parsley. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to medium, and let thicken for about 8 minutes.
- Add the tamari, and cook until everything is tender, another 15 or 20 minutes or so.
- Add the tomatoes and dill. Heat through. Adjust seasonings.