garlic cloves, peeled
1 1/2 teaspoons
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse chicken in cold water, drain and pat dry.
- Soften butter and mix in seasonings. Place chicken in a roasting pan and rub it with seasoned butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the 20 garlic cloves in and around the chicken (put under the skin, same with some of the butter).
- Add lemon juice to chicken cavity. Add 1/2 c water to pan.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake til chicken is tender (2 -3 hours).
- Remove foil and bake 15 min to brown skin and then serve.