( about 4)
1 (49.61 g) package
- Peel grapefruit using a sharp knife. Slice the bitter white pith from the peel, leaving just a thin layer on the peel. Discard the pith. Cut the peel into thin (1/8 inches thick) slices and place in a medium bowl. (I found this easiest do do by cutting the peel in about 8 sections - I could then flatten it out and remove most of the white pith with my knife).
- Cut the grapefruit into sections, removing the membrane and seeds. Add the sections and any juice to the bowl. Stir in sugar. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours - this is to tenderize the peel.
- Stir the orgeat and pectin into the bowl. Transfer to the bread pan fitted with the kneading paddle. Select the jam cycle and start.
- Scrape down the sides 5 and 10 minutes into the cycle.
- Transfer the marmalade to clean jars. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate. Keeps refrigerated for 4 to 6 weeks.
- Note1: Orgeat syrup is an almond-flavored syrup. It is used in cocktails or to flavor coffees.
- Note2: This makes a tart, English-style marmalade. For a sweeter marmalade, increase the sugar to 2 cups and the orgeat to 1/3 cup.