- Thinly slice eggplant length-wise (the long way).
- Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Wash and dry the eggplant.
- Grille the eggplant for 4 minute per side, medium heat.
- In a large bowl mix two eggs, 32 oz. ricotta cheese, 2-3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese (it helps if you freeze the mozzarella cheese for 10-15 minutes beforehand), pine-nuts and chopped fresh basil to taste.
- Roll the concoction in the eggplant.
- place eggplant rolls in a bowl so that there is 1 layer of eggplant that covers as much of the bowl as possible, and cover with tomato sauce.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375.