( use a day old bread)
( you might need a bit more)
( or to taste)
grated parmesan cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Prepare a one or two large baking sheets.
- Slice the baguette into 1/4-inch slices and arrange in a single layer on baking sheet/s.
- brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Toss the cheese with the cayenne pepper.
- Remove the toasts from oven and sprinkle with the cheese/cayenne mixture.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 6-8 minutes more, until the cheese melts and the toasts are golden.
- Cool completely.