half & half light cream
garlic cloves, chopped fine
( more cloves if you love garlic)
uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
( I used more)
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Bring water, half and half, 1 teaspoon butter, salt, pepper to a low boil. Add grits, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 5-7 minutes until grits are thickened.
- Combine ketchup, honey, lemon juice, and hot pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, saute onion in the rest of the butter until transulent. Add garlic and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute till pink. Be careful not to overcook or they'll be tough.
- When grits are thickend, add cheese to them. Taste and add salt, pepper if needed. If grits become to thick add a little water or milk.
- Add ketchup mixture to the shrimp and just heat through.
- Serve shrimp over grits.