granny smith apple
( peeled and chopped)
lemon, juice and zest of
1 fluid ounce
- Peel, slice and boil yams for about 1/2 hour.
- Drain and reserve 1 1/2 cups liquid. Bring liquid to a boil, add sugar, cane syrup, spices, brandy and lemon.
- Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- Add fruits and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add corn starch dissolved in a little water, cook for 10 minutes.
- Place yams in a baking dish and poor syrup over them.
- Bake until bubbling.
- Top with marshmallows, if desired, about 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- Sprinkle with pecans after removing from oven.