1/2 cup rice wine or 1/2 cup
strong brewed black tea
unsweetened pineapple juice
reduced sodium soy sauce
fresh ground pepper
boneless skinless chicken breasts
red bell pepper, diced
garlic clove, minced
- In a 2 cup glass measure combine rice wine, tea, juice, soy sauce and honey.
- Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon, ginger, pepper and salt.
- rub spices on both sides of chicken breasts.
- In a large skillet heat 1/2 T. oil over medium high head.
- Add chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until golden outside and no long pink inside, 3-5 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 1/2 T. oil to the skillet.
- Add bell pepper, scallions and garlic.
- Saute for 30 seconds.
- Increase heat to high.
- Add reserved rice wine-tea mixture.
- Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken and it's juice to skillet.
- Simmer gently until heated thru, about 1 minute.
- Slice chicken into thin diagonal slices and fan onto plates.
- Spoon sauce and vegetables over chicken.