2 1/2-3 lbs
chicken wings, segments
vegetable cooking spray
( Spray Pam)
1/4 lb butter or 1/4 lb
( cider or white)
1 -5 tablespoon
louisiana hot sauce, adjust to your heat level
( not Tabasco!)
blue cheese or
ranch salad dressing, for dipping
- Preheat Broiler.
- Line bottom of broiler pan with foil (for easy clean up). Add a small amount of water, about 1/4 cup. (optional).
- Spray top part of broiler pan with Vegetable Spray Oil (Pam).
- Arrange chicken wing segments, top side down, on broiler pan.
- Place rack on top setting directly under heating element in oven (I have an electric oven).
- Broil for 10 or 11 minutes, flip over and broil for another 10 or 11 minutes.
- While wings are broiling make sauce.
- Place butter, vinegar, and hot sauce in a large plastic container with a sealable lid (Tupperware).
- Microwave until butter is melted.
- Place cooked, hot, wings into container with melted butter, etc.
- Shake once or twice. Open lid to let steam escape or it'll just pop off and then you will have a mess on your hands. Repeat until wings are evenly coated.
- Serve with cut up carrot sticks and celery sticks, with Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing for dipping.
- Best served with lots of beer, but then, what isn't?