lemon, juice of
( use a good quality, such as Hellmans)
1 1/2 cups
cooked shrimp, shelled
stuffed olives, sliced
celery, finely diced
salt, to taste
canned pimiento, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons
onions, finely minced
eggs, hard cooked, peeled and chopped
- Soften gelatin in cold water for five minutes, then heat to melt completely.
- Add lemon juice and cool.
- Before it congeals, add mayonnaise, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix thoroughly but lightly to preserve the shape of the shrimps.
- Lightly spray mold with cooking spray (or lightly oil with vegetable oil) and transfer mixture to mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto salad greens.
- Serve with additional mayonnaise.