white onions, chopped fine
3 (1190.67-1360.77 g)can
2 (340.19-453.59 g)can
whole sweet gherkins, chopped rough
1 (340.19 g) bottle
Heinz Chili Sauce
( or regular ketchup)
vegetable broth, made from 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
salt and pepper
- Sauté ground beef and pork and onions with olive oil in a soup pot until brown.
- Add sauerkraut and mushrooms (with their liquids) and pickles; stir together with the meat.
- Add entire bottle of sauce or ketchup and the vegetable broth.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add heavy cream and cook for 1 more minute, then serve.