1 1/2 lbs
fresh coarse ground black pepper
eggs, fried over-medium
bacon, cooked and cut in half
4 toasted buns or 4
- Cook bacon til done, set aside, break in half when cool.
- Make 4 nice patties out of the beef, season w/salt and pepper and grill or pan-fry til done in a little of the bacon fat.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese, lightly cover to keep warm, and set aside.
- Fry eggs to your liking such as sunny-side up, over-easy or over-medium. DH says if the yolks are runny they're messy but great for dipping in!
- Toast buns while eggs are cooking.
- Set eggs aside.
- Assemble burger as so:.
- bottom bun.
- 1 slice cheese
- burger w/cheese.
- fried egg.
- a little ketchup.
- 2 bacon pieces.
- top bun spread w/mayo.
- And there you have it! A Royal Red Robin!
- Great served with hash browns or french fries!