( halves or large pieces, about 2 cups)
light corn syrup
- Set oven to 325°F.
- Generously spray a baking/cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the walnuts with sugar and salt, then drizzle the corn syrup over and toss with two forks to coat.
- Spread the nuts on the baking sheet (some nuts will stick together).
- Bake until the nuts are a deep golden and the sugar mixture is bubbling, stirring occasionally to break up lumps (this should take about 15 minutes of baking time).
- Cool completely on the baking sheet.