1 (907.18 g) bag
light brown sugar
1 (453.59 g) bottle
light corn syrup
2 (793.78 g) can
sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan (dutch oven).
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup, mixing well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until firm ball stage - 245 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour into a well-buttered jelly roll pan. Cool 4-5 hours.
- Remove from pan, cut and wrap. Makes about 5 lbs.