1 (2 lb) bags
light brown sugar
1 (16 ounce) bottles
light corn syrup
2 (14 ounce) cans
sweetened condensed milk
- Melt butter in a large, heavy saucepan (dutch oven).
- Add brown sugar and salt.
- Stir in corn syrup, mixing well.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir over medium heat until firm ball stage - 245 degrees on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour into a well-buttered jelly roll pan. Cool 4-5 hours.
- Remove from pan, cut and wrap. Makes about 5 lbs.