( can use less, but do not use olive oil)
3 -4 teaspoons
( can use more)
2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups
carrots, finely chopped
red bell pepper, chopped
fresh lemon juice
cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- Set oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
- In a frypan, saute the onion, garlic, salt and curry for about 4 minutes.
- Whisk in flour.
- Add in half and half (1/4-cup at a time) bring to a boil then reduce the heat immediately, and continue cooking whisking frequently for about another 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- In a bowl combine cooked rice, peas, carrots, red bell pepper, lemon juice and cooked chicken, and add in to the sauce in the frypan; toss to combine.
- Season with black pepper to taste.
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes longer.