lean ground beef
challah bread crumbs
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh basil, minced
whole berry cranberry sauce
1 1/2 cups chili sauce or 1 1/2 cups
1/2 teaspoon citric acid or 1 tablespoon
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, bread crumbs, parsley, eggs, garlic, onion powder, basil and pepper.
- Mix well but do not overwork or meat will become tough when cooked.
- Form into small balls the size of a walnut or smaller.
- Place meatballs in a slow oven of 300 degrees F and bake for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a crock pot set at 325 degrees F, mix together the cranberry sauce (if you so desire, you can use jellied. I prefer the whole berry.) Add remaining sauce ingredients.
- When meatballs are baked, transfer them to the crock pot and stir into the sauce.
- Cook in crock pot for 1 hour.
- Lower heat to keep warm for serving.