refrigerated ready-to-bake pie crust
semi-sweet chocolate chips
light corn syrup
firmly packed light brown sugar
stick butter, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons
pecan halves, 1/2 cup chopped
Kahlua whipped cream recipe
heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon Kahlua or 1 tablespoon
other coffee-flavored liqueur
- Place oven rack on lowest third of oven. Heat to 350 degrees. Fit crust inot a 9 inch pie plate. Crimp or flute edges.
- Scatter chips evenly in crust. Whisk syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, salt and 1/2 cup chopped pecans in a large bowl until well blended. Pour evenly over chips.
- Arrange pecan halves on top.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until crust and pecans are browned. If crust begins to darken too quickly, cover edges with foil.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For cream, beat the heavy cream and Kahlua until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.