2 1/4 cups
unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/3 cups
unsalted butter, softened
firmly packed light brown sugar
eggs, at room temperature
pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups
( or hazelnuts)
almonds, roca brand candy minced small
( or 1 cup Heath Bars cut up into small chunks)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- In another large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth; about 3 minutes.
- To the butter mixture, add the eggs and mix well. Next add the milk and vanilla extract. Blend for another minute.
- Stir in the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Add the pecans, Almond Roca bits (or Heath Bars) and the vanilla chips.
- Arrange the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Leave several inches between each cookie as they will need room to expand.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, cool cookies on the sheet. Remove the cookies after 1 minute and cool on wire rack.