finely chopped onions
finely chopped celery
thinly slivered fresh basil
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or half mayonnaise-half yogurt) or 1/4 cup
( or half mayonnaise-half yogurt)
4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices
soft lettuce leaves
- Put eggs in a saucepan; cover with water.
- Heat to boiling; cover and removed from the heat.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Rinse under cold water and carefully crack shells.
- Peel the eggs and cut them into chunks (do not mash).
- Combine the eggs with the onions, celery, basil, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add in the mayonnaise and gently fold together.
- Toast the bread slices.
- Place 2 slices on a cutting board; top each with a lettuce leaf.
- Spoon the egg salad on top; top with the remaining 2 slices of toast.
- Cut in half and serve.