brown sugar, packed
crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat brown sugar, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and gingers.
- Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into 1 inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten to 1/2 inch thickness with greased bottom of glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack; cool.
- Optional: Dip half of each cookie in a thin vanilla glaze or melted white chocolate. Let stand on waxed paper until coating sets.