elephant garlic clove, minced
jerusalem artichoke, peeled and cut into chunks
3 1/4 cups fresh chicken stock or 3 1/4 cups
fresh vegetable stock
fresh chives, for garnish
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and saute the onion and garlic until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the Jerusalem artichokes, coating with the butter/onion mixture. Cover the pan with the lid and cook gently on medium-low for about 10-15 minutes.
- Next pour in the stock and milk. Cover again and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth.
- Add half the heavy cream and season soup with salt and pepper. Reheat gently.
- Lightly whip the remaining heavy cream and the saffron powder together.
- Ladle the soup into individual bowls and garnish each serving with a spoonful of the saffron cream.
- Garnish the soup with fresh chives.
- Serve immediately.