3 -4 tablespoons
( don't use olive oil)
( can use shallots also)
( or to taste)
red bell pepper, chopped
Thai red curry paste
minced fresh ginger
1 1/2 lbs
boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
2 (14 ounce) cans
unsweetened coconut milk
( can use more to taste)
chopped fresh cilantro
dried apricot, halved
( can add in (to taste)
- In a heavy skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add in onions, garlic and red bell pepper; saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in red curry paste and minced ginger; saute for about 1 minute longer.
- Add in the cubed chicken breast and cook, stirring for 5 minutes; transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Add in 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk and dried apricots to skillet and boil until mixture is reduced to about 2-1/2 cups (this should take about 10 minutes).
- Add in mango chutney and half of the chopped fresh cilantro; mix to combine.
- Return the cooked chicken back to the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with remaining cilantro.
- Serve over rice.