onion, finely chopped
1 -2 tablespoon
fresh pumpkin, diced
1 3/4 pints
boiling vegetable stock
finely shredded parmesan cheese
freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the onion, garlic, and sage for about 5 minutes until golden.
- Add the rice and pumpkin and stir fry for 1 minute until all the rice grains are well coated in oil.
- Add 1/4 pint of stock and simmer, stirring until absorbed.
- Continue to add the stock a little at a time, stirring frequently, for about 25 minutes, until the rice is creamy and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, process the pine nuts, cheese, milk, and nutmeg in a blender until smooth.
- Stir into the risotto, with the final addition of stock, and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve at once.