( or margarine)
unsweetened chocolate squares
( 1 oz sq each)
coffee ice cream, slightly softened
chocolate-flavored pie crust
( save the plastic lid!)
heavy whipping cream
pecans, coarsely chopped
- In a small saucepan, cook evaporated milk, butter, chocolate and sugar over low heat, stirring constantly 10 to 15 minutes until thick as cooked pudding before it cools.
- Cool completely.
- Spoon softened ice cream into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Spread chocolate mixture over ice cream.
- Place pie in freezer.
- Beat heavy cream with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- With mixer running, add coffee liqueur and beat until completely blended and stiff peaks form.
- Spread over chocolate mixture.
- Cover pie with plastic lid and freeze at least 4 hours until firm.
- About 15 mins before serving, remove lid, sprinkle with nuts and place in the refrigerator to soften ice cream slightly.