1 (4 -5 lb)
whole chickens, cut up
white potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 (15 ounce) cans
( regular or low sodium)
( I use Tone's)
pepper, to taste
garlic salt, to taste
1 (16 ounce) packages
bow tie pasta
( or pot pie, if you prefer)
- Place chicken in a medium to large stockpot; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 2 hours to make a nice stock.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube potatoes.
- Reserving broth, remove chicken; cool.
- Remove meat from bone and cut up into bite size pieces and return to the same pot with the reserved broth.
- Add peeled, cubed potatoes.
- Add the broth, base, pepper and garlic powder.
- Simmer uncovered, for at least 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, about a 30 minutes prior to serving, start to boil noodles, drain.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add cooked noodles.
- Serve with warm buttered bread.