1 1/2 lbs pork shoulder or 1 1/2 lbs
pork butt, cut into 1-1/2" cubes
- Combine all ingredients except cooking oil in a pot and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Drain and reserve the sauce.
- Heat cooking oil in a skillet.
- Brown meat on all sides.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Pour off all remaining oil from skillet.
- Add reserved sauce and cook for a minute or two scraping all browned bits sticking to pan.
- Pour sauce over meat and serve.