candied ginger, finely chopped
sugar, for rolling dough
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar; add molasses and egg.
- Combine the rest in a bowl (except granulated sugar) and mix together.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8- 10 minutes or until golden.
- Do not over bake! They should be slightly soft when removed from the oven.
- Let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing to a rack to cool.
- Use a 1 Tbsp cookie scoop to shape them.