1 1/4 cups
cooked white rice
unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 1/2 cups
egg, at room temperature
chopped dried cherries
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rice, cream, and melted butter; stir well, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt until well combined; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk until smooth; stir the egg mixture into the rice mixture; stir in dried cherries and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in the flour mixture until the rice and cherries are evenly distributed (do not overmix).
- Fill muffin tins that have been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray 3/4 full; place muffin pan on a baking sheet; bake in a 400° oven for 22 minutes, or until muffins are well browned and a pick comes out clean.
- Place muffin pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- Turn out muffins from pan and cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
- Cool muffins completely before sealing in airtight container or freezing in freezer bags.
- Raisin Rice Pudding Muffins--substitute golden raisins for dried cherries.