portabella mushrooms, stems removed
1 (6 ounce) cans
1 (8 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
yellow onion, slivered
light cheddar cheese, shredded
feta cheese, crumbled
( or blue cheese)
green bell pepper, sliced
yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the mushrooms upside down on the sheet, bake for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Combine the tomato paste, tomatoes, anchovy paste, if using, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce mix into the center of each mushroom.
- You'll have some leftover for a later batch.
- Layer the onion on top of the mushrooms, then sprinkle on the cheeses.
- Arrange the pepper slices on top.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and melted.