extra virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, crushed
red pepper flakes, crushed
1 (12 ounce) cans
salt and black pepper
bread, day old Tuscan
fresh basil leaves, torn
- In a medium pot over medium-high heat, add olive oil and crushed garlic.
- When the garlic flavors infuse oil, add the red pepper flakes being careful not to burn them.
- Add the whole can of tomatoes into the pot, then using a spatula cut the tomatoes into chunks.
- Add salt and ground black pepper, to taste.
- (Remember, bread chunks will be added to this so make it a bit saltier then you would like it to be.)
- Add water and stir.
- With your hands, pull the bread into bite-sized chunks, then add them to the pot.
- "Toss" (do not stir) bread chunks in to the soup.
- Add basil leaves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!