2 (3 ounce) boxes
1 1/2 cups
1 (14 ounce) cans
crushed pineapple, drained & 1/2 cup juice RESERVED
egg, well beaten
- GELATIN BASE.
- Mix jello and water and chill until syrupy (30 minutes est.).
- Slice bananas 1/8" thick, half or quarter each slice to your preference in salads.
- Combine bananas, drained pineapple and marshmallows into syrupy jello, mixing well.
- Pour into 9x9 or 9x12 dish and chill until firm (several hours).
- In a sauce pan, mix together 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 2 T Butter, 2 T Flour, and 1 well beaten egg.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat until thick. Remove from burner.
- Add 3 oz cream cheese from refrigerator stirring until dissolved in sauce pan.
- Spread Topping evenly over congealed salad.
- Chill some more for topping to set (1-2 hours).
- Serve in squares.