2 (1 lb)
fresh ground black pepper
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on all sides of tenderloins.
- In a small saucepan, combine syrup, jelly and garlic.
- Bring to a boil over high heat and boil gently until thickened and reduced to 1/2 cup, (about 4 to 5 minutes).
- Brush half of syrup mixture over tenderloins.
- Grill, covered over medium coals 10 minutes, turning once.
- Brush remaining syrup mixture over tenderloins.
- Continue to grill 5 to 10.
- minutes or until instant read thermometer inserted in center of meat registers.
- 160 degrees (tenderloins will be barely pink in center), turning once.
- Carve tenderloins crosswise into 1/4-inch thick slices.