lean ground beef
2 1/2 cups
( more or less to your taste)
salt & pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in large skillet on MD/HI & drain fat.
- Add onion & cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper (if desired).
- Stir in chili powder & mix well.
- Stir in tomato juice & bring just to boil.
- Once boiling add rice & reduce heat to MD.
- Cover & cook 10-15 minutes, until rice is tender, stirring a couple times.
- Stir in 1 1/2 c of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and cover 1 min to melt.