boneless pork chops, 1/2 inch thick with all visible fat removed
egg, lightly beaten
ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons
1 -1 1/4 cup
salt and pepper
- Cut each chop into three strips lengthwise.
- With textured end of meat mallet, pound each strip ¼-inch thick.
- Mix milk and egg well; set aside.
- Mix together flour, pepper, seasoning salt, and Cajun seasoning if desired.
- Coat each strip in flour mixture.
- Then flatten each piece with palm of hand.
- Dip each strip into egg mixture.
- Coat again with flour mixture.
- Sit strips on aluminum foil to let "dry" for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add strips six at a time.
- Fry until golden brown; turn and repeat.
- Repeat step 12, until all strips are cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with white gravy.
- White gravy:.
- Dispose of oil except for 4 tablespoons.
- Add 1/4 cup flour.
- Whisk until paste is formed.
- Add 1 to 1 1/4 cup milk; stir until desired thickness is reached (gravy will thicken as it stands).
- Salt and pepper to taste.