For the Chili-Orange Sauce
black soy sauce
( or to taste)
oranges, zest of, finely chopped
( use the oranges for some thing else)
For the Noodles
thin egg noodles
carrots, finely shredded
scallions, thinly sliced
cilantro, fresh, chopped
roasted peanuts, chopped
- For the Sauce:.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a blender and puree for thirty seconds.
- Place sauce in a jar and keep, covered, in the fridge.
- For the Noodles:.
- Cook noodles according to package directions until al dente.
- Remove from boiling water and shock in ice water and drain again.
- Toss noodles with sesame oil.
- Blanch bean sprouts in boiling water (from the pasta) and shock them in ice water.
- When ready to Serve:.
- Place noodles in bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of Chili-Orange Sauce.
- Add bean sprouts and carrots and toss again.
- Add additional sauce if necessary but don't overdo.
- Mound noodle mixture in the center of a serving bowl and garnish with nuts, scallions and cilantro.